BA (Hons) Business Marketing
Marketing is central to the world of business and has become
increasingly important in the public and charity sectors.
Developing a proactive relationship with customers and markets is
the key to success in any organisation.
Direct entry to Year 3 of this course may be available
through the APL/APEL process.
The Year 3 (top up) lasts for 16 months and the fee is
- A course particularly designed to enhance your
- The University has excellent links with professional bodies and
- Subject areas covered include general business topics as well
as specialist marketing knowledge
- Personal development planning is integrated throughout the
course. This will help ensure you develop the skills framework
necessary for effective personal, academic and career
As well as studying marketing related topics you will cover a
range of topics which are fundamental to good business practice.
You will hone practical skills in IT and communication. You will
develop an understanding of the business environment and management
and will cover more specialist marketing areas such as delivering
customer value, customer relationship management and global
You will also have the opportunity to choose modules which fall
within your specific areas of interest, as well as study a
marketing research project in the final year of the
Assessment is a combination of assignments and
examinations. Assignments include case studies, group
presentations, reports, online discussions, research projects,
company reports and analysis.
Studying marketing you will develop a range of skills which are
essential for today's competitive business environment. Dealing
with people and effective communication are important management
skills which are developed on this course, together with a range of
problem solving and information and communication technology
techniques which are all highly sought after by employers.
Career opportunities include: marketing, market research, brand
management, product management, public relations and
- Academic and Personal Development
- Business Context
- People Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Principles and Business Practice
- Managing Financial and Statistical Data
- The Festival and Events Industry
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Finance and Information
- Marketing Planning, Management and Control
- Delivering Customer Value
- Project Management
- Globalisation and International Business
- Financial Accounting
- Business Taxation
- Strategic & Operations Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project (Dissertation - Research Proposal)
- Project (Dissertation)
- Global Marketing
- Financial Decision Making
- Managing Workforce Engagement and Commitment
Please note: Modules are subject to change. Optional modules
may be subject to a minimum number of students per class.
240 UCAS tariff points at GCE A Level or equivalent.
Appropriate AS-Level and Level 3 Key Skills qualifications will
also be taken into account. Applicants must also have five GCSE
passes at grades A, B or C including Mathematics and English.
International students must prove valid qualifications equivalent
to the above requirements.
International students must prove valid qualifications
equivalent to the above requirements.
For International Students
IELTS 6.0 overall or equivalent
A minimum of 5.5 in each component is mandatory.
|Proof of Qualification||Yes|
|Proof of Financial Solvency||Yes|
To apply online, please click the apply button and complete the
application form. Otherwise please contact us for